vedicman
01-14 08:46 AM
I don't see anything wrong PlainSpeak's suggestion but I can't comment on if her suggestion is workable or not. But we can just explain what is right or wrong instead of getting into fight mode.
How is misleading members not wrong? Check willigetgc's response
It would be great place to share ideas (good, bad, right, wrong) if those uncivilized response is reduced. The lesser the uncivilized response more the people willing to join hands.
Sharing ideas are good. But if you looked at plainspeak first post he was pretty much goading members to come after him.
There are great people like amitjoey who convey the message in more civilized way (as far as I have seen) and help others (its not easy to post 1100+ posts....). I am new to this country and have very less experience and knowledge to share. But I hope one day I can guide/help some people like amitjoey.
Couldn't agree with you more!
Reason for me to share my thought is amitjoey, otherwise I would have just gone through the thread and felt bad about this forum for uncivilized comments. I am not into any group yet (Eb2/3) as my comp is not going to sponsor gc as per new policy, so I don't belong to any group (or we can say group who's gc never filed). When I read PlainSpeak's comment I thought she was right and after reading amitjoey's comment I learned another view for this issue. After reading those two comments I understand the issue and why IV took different direction or direction different from PlainSpeak's. But when I continued reading this thread I felt why some educated people with good intentions have bad thoughts and respond to others in uncivilized way. In the whole thread only two comments make's sense to me rest doesn't belong/fit to this forum.
Plainspeak posted his view, few agreed with him, most disagreed - but he (My traditional upbringing does not allow me to think a girl can be so confrontational with strangers - so I will go on considering plainspeak as a man) kept up with his goading responding to each member. I cannot think of anyone with good intentions spending time to respond to comments that are not worthwhile.......
Lets get more new members and be civilized to gain confident which will gain more strength to the forum.
Amen
Let me see if I understand PlainSpeak's language:
1. IV core needs to put a lot of resources to lobby for the DV bill, knowing full well that this bill will go nowhere!
2. Raise a false sense of hope among the EB3 community, again, knowing full well that its going to be dashed - just so that IV gains the trust of EB3 (I am EB3, and they have my trust without your logic!)
3. An exercise to gain trust by misleading!:D
I wonder why IV core did not come up with this brilliant idea ;)
My responses are in blue
My advice to you, this forum gives members a chance to voice their problems and many members help with suggestions and experiences. IV works for relieving our problems - and if their intentions are on our side, we need to help them and not fight amongst us or them. Judge by what the administrators of this org say.
How is misleading members not wrong? Check willigetgc's response
It would be great place to share ideas (good, bad, right, wrong) if those uncivilized response is reduced. The lesser the uncivilized response more the people willing to join hands.
Sharing ideas are good. But if you looked at plainspeak first post he was pretty much goading members to come after him.
There are great people like amitjoey who convey the message in more civilized way (as far as I have seen) and help others (its not easy to post 1100+ posts....). I am new to this country and have very less experience and knowledge to share. But I hope one day I can guide/help some people like amitjoey.
Couldn't agree with you more!
Reason for me to share my thought is amitjoey, otherwise I would have just gone through the thread and felt bad about this forum for uncivilized comments. I am not into any group yet (Eb2/3) as my comp is not going to sponsor gc as per new policy, so I don't belong to any group (or we can say group who's gc never filed). When I read PlainSpeak's comment I thought she was right and after reading amitjoey's comment I learned another view for this issue. After reading those two comments I understand the issue and why IV took different direction or direction different from PlainSpeak's. But when I continued reading this thread I felt why some educated people with good intentions have bad thoughts and respond to others in uncivilized way. In the whole thread only two comments make's sense to me rest doesn't belong/fit to this forum.
Plainspeak posted his view, few agreed with him, most disagreed - but he (My traditional upbringing does not allow me to think a girl can be so confrontational with strangers - so I will go on considering plainspeak as a man) kept up with his goading responding to each member. I cannot think of anyone with good intentions spending time to respond to comments that are not worthwhile.......
Lets get more new members and be civilized to gain confident which will gain more strength to the forum.
Amen
Let me see if I understand PlainSpeak's language:
1. IV core needs to put a lot of resources to lobby for the DV bill, knowing full well that this bill will go nowhere!
2. Raise a false sense of hope among the EB3 community, again, knowing full well that its going to be dashed - just so that IV gains the trust of EB3 (I am EB3, and they have my trust without your logic!)
3. An exercise to gain trust by misleading!:D
I wonder why IV core did not come up with this brilliant idea ;)
My responses are in blue
My advice to you, this forum gives members a chance to voice their problems and many members help with suggestions and experiences. IV works for relieving our problems - and if their intentions are on our side, we need to help them and not fight amongst us or them. Judge by what the administrators of this org say.
wallpaper 2010 Rory McIlroy: tipped for rory mcilroy. Rory McIlroy; Rory McIlroy
H1B-GC
08-15 09:30 AM
Seeing Sep 2008 bulletin I felt happy:). I presume in October 2008 bulletin the EB2 India/china Priority dates go back. But its a mild retrogression for a short span of time. After that the dates start catching up current again. EB2 India becoming current is inevitable.
We need a legilation change for any considerable movement in EB3 India. I am presuming in the next two years there will be considerable changes in EB category immigration which directly relief EB3 India.
mpadapa has given almost exact count on EB limit for 2008.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showpost.php?p=265989&postcount=90
The Earliest Time the Dates for EB2 "might" move up again would be the February Visa Bulletin'09 as USCIS and DOS would Need atleast the 1st Quarter Data(Oct- Dec) to see the Visa Demand for the ROW Category in order for the Horizontal Spillover to India/China.
Do you Agree Mr.Rao?
We need a legilation change for any considerable movement in EB3 India. I am presuming in the next two years there will be considerable changes in EB category immigration which directly relief EB3 India.
mpadapa has given almost exact count on EB limit for 2008.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showpost.php?p=265989&postcount=90
The Earliest Time the Dates for EB2 "might" move up again would be the February Visa Bulletin'09 as USCIS and DOS would Need atleast the 1st Quarter Data(Oct- Dec) to see the Visa Demand for the ROW Category in order for the Horizontal Spillover to India/China.
Do you Agree Mr.Rao?
go_guy123
07-12 03:43 PM
BTW its taking anywhere between 52-65 weeks to get Canadian PR now. They process ur initial application after 52 weeks only and any time taken on top of it is extra..
cheers
Canada Immgration back is also visa post quota based unlike birth country
(not citizenship) based.
Therefore as an Indian if you apply in India then backlog is massive (5 yrs).
However just like in US system exceptions are there for Indians born outside India, Indians in US on H1B visa can apply in US where backlog is lesser.
In the Canadian system you can apply in your county of citizenship or country where you are admitted for more than 1 year (eg H1B , L1 ,F1 ,J1 )
cheers
Canada Immgration back is also visa post quota based unlike birth country
(not citizenship) based.
Therefore as an Indian if you apply in India then backlog is massive (5 yrs).
However just like in US system exceptions are there for Indians born outside India, Indians in US on H1B visa can apply in US where backlog is lesser.
In the Canadian system you can apply in your county of citizenship or country where you are admitted for more than 1 year (eg H1B , L1 ,F1 ,J1 )
2011 Northern Irishmen rory mcilroy us open champion. Rory McIlroy
thomachan72
03-27 12:52 PM
I am just wondering.....
when will the day come when a lot of us will rush to Delhi.....braving the cold/heat....stand for hours........dancing to tunes of pop singers......while awaiting our beloved PM to show up and take oath of office........just like hundreds of thousands did when obama took office.........
I am just wondering.....
will any one of us spend money to travel to Delhi to witness the next swearing cermony, assuming it where held in an open place, lets say raj ghat or something like that.
I am wondering.....
when will that charismatic leader (with really good intentions and sence of direction) emerge? from, a billion? Why is it taking so long? Is the whole germ pool spoiled? why dont we get the good ones to lead such populated nations? I dont have a clue about where and with whom the problem lies....
when will the day come when a lot of us will rush to Delhi.....braving the cold/heat....stand for hours........dancing to tunes of pop singers......while awaiting our beloved PM to show up and take oath of office........just like hundreds of thousands did when obama took office.........
I am just wondering.....
will any one of us spend money to travel to Delhi to witness the next swearing cermony, assuming it where held in an open place, lets say raj ghat or something like that.
I am wondering.....
when will that charismatic leader (with really good intentions and sence of direction) emerge? from, a billion? Why is it taking so long? Is the whole germ pool spoiled? why dont we get the good ones to lead such populated nations? I dont have a clue about where and with whom the problem lies....
more...
bitu72
11-01 04:54 PM
hi guys,
who have filed recently, can you guys tell me within what time frame are you guys getting a reply.
I have send all paper on 12th of oct they received on 15th.
By when can i expect a letter that they have received it.
how do i know they have received it other than fedex confirmation.
dont they send some letter confirming it.
Bharatpremi,
u r ideas are great if u can work in US and keep canadian PR for citizenship. that should be good enough.
who have filed recently, can you guys tell me within what time frame are you guys getting a reply.
I have send all paper on 12th of oct they received on 15th.
By when can i expect a letter that they have received it.
how do i know they have received it other than fedex confirmation.
dont they send some letter confirming it.
Bharatpremi,
u r ideas are great if u can work in US and keep canadian PR for citizenship. that should be good enough.
trramesh
06-15 11:00 AM
For most of the ppl with hateful comments, Reality sucks and bites back. I agree with dilip and unfortunately, among billions voices and opinions dont matter. Just brutal personal attacks.
That said. We cant stop the outsourcing and dumping. Today is biilions from India and china and tomorrow rest of billions from rest of world (like Africa and rest).
If you dont have any proper counter argument, dont post. Period, dont stoop to personal attack.(race,caste,place and commutiy and alma mater).
Grow up folks.
As the saying goes, there are two sides to a coin, and there is definitely some truth in the counter arguments. There are quite a few blood sucking desi consulting cos out there, and those need to be cleansed out to protect our own country men from exploitation.
Coming to the point of GC, it is the US gov that gave H1B and invited these people to come and work here to support its companies. At that point, it did not apply country quota. Now when it comes to adjudicating GCs, this unfair concept exists. The process should be unifiorm and fair. If GC and citizenship needs per country quota, so does H1B. Keep everyone at the same level. How is someone from a non retrogressed country more worthy to US than his counterpart from a retrogressed country.
We cannot change what had already happened, and fortunately or unfortunately, we are here looking to have our future in this country. We also need a clear path to immigration. I think it is the moral responsibility of the US gov to show us just that. If the US gov wants to protect the jobs for its citizens, one cannot blame it, but dont let the L1s and H1Bs that you had already brought in years ago to rot in retrogression. After all, these guys also have a family and a career to take care of.
The point I am trying to make is, let us not get into arguments that take us nowhere. Let us rather focus on newer ideas to make our voices heard. Let this forum serve its purpose.
That said. We cant stop the outsourcing and dumping. Today is biilions from India and china and tomorrow rest of billions from rest of world (like Africa and rest).
If you dont have any proper counter argument, dont post. Period, dont stoop to personal attack.(race,caste,place and commutiy and alma mater).
Grow up folks.
As the saying goes, there are two sides to a coin, and there is definitely some truth in the counter arguments. There are quite a few blood sucking desi consulting cos out there, and those need to be cleansed out to protect our own country men from exploitation.
Coming to the point of GC, it is the US gov that gave H1B and invited these people to come and work here to support its companies. At that point, it did not apply country quota. Now when it comes to adjudicating GCs, this unfair concept exists. The process should be unifiorm and fair. If GC and citizenship needs per country quota, so does H1B. Keep everyone at the same level. How is someone from a non retrogressed country more worthy to US than his counterpart from a retrogressed country.
We cannot change what had already happened, and fortunately or unfortunately, we are here looking to have our future in this country. We also need a clear path to immigration. I think it is the moral responsibility of the US gov to show us just that. If the US gov wants to protect the jobs for its citizens, one cannot blame it, but dont let the L1s and H1Bs that you had already brought in years ago to rot in retrogression. After all, these guys also have a family and a career to take care of.
The point I am trying to make is, let us not get into arguments that take us nowhere. Let us rather focus on newer ideas to make our voices heard. Let this forum serve its purpose.
more...
h1b_forever
07-28 03:48 PM
Good one
With your attitude, you will not even become millionaire in Zimbabwean dollars.:D:D:D
With your attitude, you will not even become millionaire in Zimbabwean dollars.:D:D:D
2010 Rory Mcilroy, who hails from Hollywood, Ireland, finished at 7-under par,
snathan
01-24 05:31 PM
If you think Memo is illegal why can't you file a lawsuit. That should be right way. But I did not see any suggestion from any lawyer. But when when July 2007 issue cropped most lawyers rushed to file lawsuit. Now no one even suggesting lawsuit except some members in IV. Either most are not interested or they think no legal basis to contest memo
I have been observing JoeF's posts from different threads. I can say for sure he doesn't know what he is talking about. He is just another sadistic person like snram4 on this forum.
For instance JoeF says "he saw it coming" in reference to this memo. But the fact is, this memo is ILLEGAL. It has no legal base. Please refer to Murthy's latest newsletter. However members on murthy forum as well as you spicy_guy, thinks that JoeF is "knowledgeable". I am surprised to see that people who are here in this country for long believes all the BS that JoeF says.
I am not sure if this snram4 is sadist or outright idiot. When this thread started there were couple of people supporting this memo. Once they understood no longer they are supporting. Snram4 is the only guy still supporting and talking all nonsense.
snram4...whatever may be the case whether people are going for law suit or not, You are not going to add any value. Why dont you simply go away rather than talking all nonsense and wasting everyone's time. No one is bothering you or stupid comments. So many people asked you to go away...why dont you consider that for GOD shake.
I have been observing JoeF's posts from different threads. I can say for sure he doesn't know what he is talking about. He is just another sadistic person like snram4 on this forum.
For instance JoeF says "he saw it coming" in reference to this memo. But the fact is, this memo is ILLEGAL. It has no legal base. Please refer to Murthy's latest newsletter. However members on murthy forum as well as you spicy_guy, thinks that JoeF is "knowledgeable". I am surprised to see that people who are here in this country for long believes all the BS that JoeF says.
I am not sure if this snram4 is sadist or outright idiot. When this thread started there were couple of people supporting this memo. Once they understood no longer they are supporting. Snram4 is the only guy still supporting and talking all nonsense.
snram4...whatever may be the case whether people are going for law suit or not, You are not going to add any value. Why dont you simply go away rather than talking all nonsense and wasting everyone's time. No one is bothering you or stupid comments. So many people asked you to go away...why dont you consider that for GOD shake.
more...
sledge_hammer
05-29 11:30 AM
Yes it will, unless there are more EB1I visas which could spill over to EB2I, in which case EB2I will move ahead of EB3I. But that guy has also said that the spill over may not happen because of the demand for EB1I.
Its just unbelievable that EB2I and EB3I (i.e. the persons who have PD when the numbers were calculated) will have to wait for about 19 years to get their GCs. We HAVE to do something about this.
60K EB2-I and 60K EB3-I pending so far. Does this mean Eb2 and EB3 dates will move together from now on for India?
Its just unbelievable that EB2I and EB3I (i.e. the persons who have PD when the numbers were calculated) will have to wait for about 19 years to get their GCs. We HAVE to do something about this.
60K EB2-I and 60K EB3-I pending so far. Does this mean Eb2 and EB3 dates will move together from now on for India?
hair rory mcilroy us open pictures. Rory McIlroy sets U.S. Open
dealsnet
09-03 05:45 PM
I am from Kerala. not from AP.(studied in Bangalore and have friends from almost every state from India) I AM NOT A REDDY OR RAO.
Some of my friends are from Bihar (CHILDREN OF MP'S, MLA) go home for elections and lead booth capturing. They shared their experience with me.
CASTE POLITICS IS A THE RESON FOR ALL NEGATIVE COMMENTS.
IN KERALA, CASTE POLITICS IS EXISTS (just pick a candidate for a constituency), BUT NOT IN THE RANGE OF OTHER INDIAN STATES. (ESPECIALLY NORTH INDIA)
Let the people from AP, comment about him. If they give him second time, it is clear that majority like him. No doubt about it. If he is not good, why you people campaign against him by blogs for go to India and vote against him ???
I DIDN'T SUPPORT ANY POLITICIANS. But have a sympathy for a dead person and other 5 people in the accident.
This can happen to any one of us at any time. Do not rejoice in Tragedies.
You claim that you dont know him and your only knowledge of him is through reading the news and yet you argue against those ruled by him. Did it ever occur to you that these people might know more things (that are not reported) than you do ?
Welcome dealsnet reddy.
Some of my friends are from Bihar (CHILDREN OF MP'S, MLA) go home for elections and lead booth capturing. They shared their experience with me.
CASTE POLITICS IS A THE RESON FOR ALL NEGATIVE COMMENTS.
IN KERALA, CASTE POLITICS IS EXISTS (just pick a candidate for a constituency), BUT NOT IN THE RANGE OF OTHER INDIAN STATES. (ESPECIALLY NORTH INDIA)
Let the people from AP, comment about him. If they give him second time, it is clear that majority like him. No doubt about it. If he is not good, why you people campaign against him by blogs for go to India and vote against him ???
I DIDN'T SUPPORT ANY POLITICIANS. But have a sympathy for a dead person and other 5 people in the accident.
This can happen to any one of us at any time. Do not rejoice in Tragedies.
You claim that you dont know him and your only knowledge of him is through reading the news and yet you argue against those ruled by him. Did it ever occur to you that these people might know more things (that are not reported) than you do ?
Welcome dealsnet reddy.
more...
krishnam70
07-10 01:42 PM
Wish you the very best byeusa......
I might be moving to Canada next summer if there is no progress in my case here...My PD is Nov 2003 EB-3...I got my Canadian PR in May 2005 and I have until May 2008 to move.....So keeping my fingers crossed..I too work for a Canadian company in US.....Wish you good luck...
we have until july 2008 to move in to canada, lets see its probably bye bye usa if something does not happen until then. tired of waiting for this elusive GC, my story is verry verry similar to byeusa..
I might be moving to Canada next summer if there is no progress in my case here...My PD is Nov 2003 EB-3...I got my Canadian PR in May 2005 and I have until May 2008 to move.....So keeping my fingers crossed..I too work for a Canadian company in US.....Wish you good luck...
we have until july 2008 to move in to canada, lets see its probably bye bye usa if something does not happen until then. tired of waiting for this elusive GC, my story is verry verry similar to byeusa..
hot house Rory McIlroy 2011 player
gjoe
02-15 05:06 AM
[QUOTE=hopefulgc;223549]thats bull.... disclosure is not requored.... my dog is a member of six professional canine associations ... does he have to bark it all up.
Are you implying that we are treated like dogs here? If your answer is yes we have a credible case against USCIS. If your answer is no then my friend ( buddy as Indians and pakis say) you have to disclose your associations.
:cool:
Are you implying that we are treated like dogs here? If your answer is yes we have a credible case against USCIS. If your answer is no then my friend ( buddy as Indians and pakis say) you have to disclose your associations.
:cool:
more...
house rory mcilroy girlfriend photos
Dyana
02-15 02:33 PM
Lasantha,
We were ready to file last year in oct but our PD was not current yet. So we've been through medical exams already; We just waited and prayed for a current PD to file I 485.Thanks.
Bestia,
Hope U're right and our PD will stay current for months.Thanks for encouragement.
Yes, I'm not the primarily applicant and I badly need my EAD.
We were ready to file last year in oct but our PD was not current yet. So we've been through medical exams already; We just waited and prayed for a current PD to file I 485.Thanks.
Bestia,
Hope U're right and our PD will stay current for months.Thanks for encouragement.
Yes, I'm not the primarily applicant and I badly need my EAD.
tattoo Rory McIlroy
ssharma
07-08 09:34 AM
Is there certain minimum "safe" numbers of days one has to stay with the sponsoring company after getting the EB Green Card.
In my case I have been working with my employer since Sept-2001 (almost 7 years). My GC labor was started in Dec 485 filed in May and GC approved June 24, 2008.
I was in the middle of changing jobs using AC21 just before my GC got approved, hence this urgency. How soon can I join some my new job ?
Thanks for your time.
In my case I have been working with my employer since Sept-2001 (almost 7 years). My GC labor was started in Dec 485 filed in May and GC approved June 24, 2008.
I was in the middle of changing jobs using AC21 just before my GC got approved, hence this urgency. How soon can I join some my new job ?
Thanks for your time.
more...
pictures RORY McILROY turned the US
TeddyKoochu
09-14 03:24 PM
I got the below numbers from the PERM FDLC site.
2005 India 1353
2006 India 3888
2007 India 60
2008 India 10
Total 5311
5311 for both EB1-5 : So taking 50% for EB2I - 2655
GC : 2655*2.5 = 6637 ~ 6500 (considering lucky 2008 Aug-Sep approvals, 2009 Sept)
What are the hopes for individuals who missed Jul 07. In my case my labor got approved in Oct 07 and we are still waiting for the date to be current to be able to file for EAD / AP. Based on the figures that you show, I believe that all 2006 people should get cleared in the coming year and the traffic for 2007 & 2008 is quite less. What are the predictions for the PD movement till year end?
2005 India 1353
2006 India 3888
2007 India 60
2008 India 10
Total 5311
5311 for both EB1-5 : So taking 50% for EB2I - 2655
GC : 2655*2.5 = 6637 ~ 6500 (considering lucky 2008 Aug-Sep approvals, 2009 Sept)
What are the hopes for individuals who missed Jul 07. In my case my labor got approved in Oct 07 and we are still waiting for the date to be current to be able to file for EAD / AP. Based on the figures that you show, I believe that all 2006 people should get cleared in the coming year and the traffic for 2007 & 2008 is quite less. What are the predictions for the PD movement till year end?
dresses rory mcilroy us open pictures. PHOTO: Rory McIlroy hugs his
Macaca
01-18 08:48 AM
Is H-1B working at a gas station a bad apple? Yes.
Non-Indian staffing company keeps $150/hr, 25 years back. Is this a bad apple? How much can a staffing company keep? Why? Who decides it? Has Hilda L. Solis decided it for for US workers? Why should Janet Napolitano decide it for H-1B?
Contractor salary and benefits come from his/her billing only. Most US workers are not paid on bench/benefits. Why should H-1B be paid on bench/benefits? Contractor can be paid on bench/benefits only by spreading the billing over bench/benefits (thereby reducing paycheck). Why is this a good apple?
Non-Indian staffing company keeps $150/hr, 25 years back. Is this a bad apple? How much can a staffing company keep? Why? Who decides it? Has Hilda L. Solis decided it for for US workers? Why should Janet Napolitano decide it for H-1B?
Contractor salary and benefits come from his/her billing only. Most US workers are not paid on bench/benefits. Why should H-1B be paid on bench/benefits? Contractor can be paid on bench/benefits only by spreading the billing over bench/benefits (thereby reducing paycheck). Why is this a good apple?
more...
makeup hair US Open champion Rory McIlroy rory mcilroy us open pictures. rory
raysaikat
07-15 06:09 PM
Hi,
I have an EB2 I-140 approved; PD Aug 29, 2007. The corresponding LC was filed with "Special Handling" for university teachers.
1. If I change into a non-academic job, then can the PD be retained when I refile?
2. If I go out of US for a few years (say 3-5 years) and then come back with a new job, will I be able to retain this PD when I refile?
Thanks for your time.
I have an EB2 I-140 approved; PD Aug 29, 2007. The corresponding LC was filed with "Special Handling" for university teachers.
1. If I change into a non-academic job, then can the PD be retained when I refile?
2. If I go out of US for a few years (say 3-5 years) and then come back with a new job, will I be able to retain this PD when I refile?
Thanks for your time.
girlfriend Rory McIlroy Girlfriend
MYGC2008
09-25 03:15 PM
I agree with you EB2ROW might have not got 20K visa in the past. That may be because economy was good, lot of EB1 apps, spillover not done properly etc.
But Why not this year? economy is still not good, less EB1 apps and probably USCIS might do the right spillover. It is only hope.
I don't think in any year EB2ROW has got 40K GC in the past, even when the economy was in good shape.
Does anyone has links for the annual GC issuance per country/per category for 2008. I missed the link.
The worst case scenario would be 20,000 max. That means EB2(I) will move to Mid or3 rd quarter of 2006 by end of 2010.
But Why not this year? economy is still not good, less EB1 apps and probably USCIS might do the right spillover. It is only hope.
I don't think in any year EB2ROW has got 40K GC in the past, even when the economy was in good shape.
Does anyone has links for the annual GC issuance per country/per category for 2008. I missed the link.
The worst case scenario would be 20,000 max. That means EB2(I) will move to Mid or3 rd quarter of 2006 by end of 2010.
hairstyles rory mcilroy us open pictures. rory-mcilroy-US-OPEN-2011.
kumar1
07-10 10:34 PM
I forgot to mention something - If you have worked here for 7-8 years, do not go home till you complete 10 years and accumulate 40 points in Social Security System. Once you have 40 points accumulated, you are entitled to get your money after the age of 65. I have spent 7 years and I have 28 points in the system. May be that's why H1-B was only given 6 years, you pay Social Security, Medicare and get nothing but a thank you from both the systems. I will make sure that I get 40 points and then only I will make a move. And yes, whether you are Indian/Pakistani/Polish.......does not matter, you accumulate 40 points, you will get the benifit. If you do not believe me, go to http://www.ssa.gov/immigration/
Guys, let me know if you feel otherwise.
Guys, let me know if you feel otherwise.
mrajatish
07-11 06:07 PM
I know people who got their GC in 7 months from the date they filed PERM. and then there are many people getting GCs every month. There are both good stories and bad stories to tell about getting GC in US.
There were times when H1 quota never reached the limit during the whole fiscal year, now they get used in just 2 days. This mess in GC process is a result mainly due to our own actions (temporary workers and consulting companies hiring temporary workers). Do you think majority of us once we get GC, stay with the consulting company that filed for our GC? When a consulting company files for PERM, they already have a foreign national working under H-1B in that position. So where is the real intent to hire an American when some foreigner is already working at that position?
This employment based GC is a way for us foreigners to immigrate to US easily at one point. Now due to our extreme usage and abuse of this process, there are genuine people who are being sponsored to immigrate to US are also suffering. In a true employment GC scenario, the company should be desperate to keep you for a long time (more than 6 years after H-1B is maxed) for your valuable skills that they were unable to find in others. But in most GC cases, looks like we temporary workers are more desperate than our employers for the GC? aren't we? Do you see any companies sweating on how to retain you with them, because you H-1B is expiring and they have no way to keep you?
Do not put all the blame on US immigration system, the majority of the blame should fall on us and the companies who are helping us to get GCs when our cases are not based on genuine sponsors.
Do you see any companies sweating on how to retain you with them, because you H-1B is expiring and they have no way to keep you?
This was true in my case at least - my compay worked hard to keep me around when my H1 was expiring.
There were times when H1 quota never reached the limit during the whole fiscal year, now they get used in just 2 days. This mess in GC process is a result mainly due to our own actions (temporary workers and consulting companies hiring temporary workers). Do you think majority of us once we get GC, stay with the consulting company that filed for our GC? When a consulting company files for PERM, they already have a foreign national working under H-1B in that position. So where is the real intent to hire an American when some foreigner is already working at that position?
This employment based GC is a way for us foreigners to immigrate to US easily at one point. Now due to our extreme usage and abuse of this process, there are genuine people who are being sponsored to immigrate to US are also suffering. In a true employment GC scenario, the company should be desperate to keep you for a long time (more than 6 years after H-1B is maxed) for your valuable skills that they were unable to find in others. But in most GC cases, looks like we temporary workers are more desperate than our employers for the GC? aren't we? Do you see any companies sweating on how to retain you with them, because you H-1B is expiring and they have no way to keep you?
Do not put all the blame on US immigration system, the majority of the blame should fall on us and the companies who are helping us to get GCs when our cases are not based on genuine sponsors.
Do you see any companies sweating on how to retain you with them, because you H-1B is expiring and they have no way to keep you?
This was true in my case at least - my compay worked hard to keep me around when my H1 was expiring.
alterego
06-27 10:34 PM
My 2 cents.
USCIS does not control the PD dates, State dept does. The state dept will change the PD's to when it runs out of visas to provide USCIS.
Case 1: Assume USCIS and State dept are in close touch over the currently approvable I-485s which can consume visas starting July 1
If USCIS has 40K such approvable apps, then the State Dept (being in close coordination with USCIS abt numbers) would have just moved the dates to Nov 2005 for EB-2 India the date when it retrogressed and similarly to the date when EB-3 retrogression first happened for India.
The fact that they did not do this means they do not have the sufficient numbers of approvable ones. Now the new ones filed in June or July will not become approvable until at least 90 days. So if they are hoping that some of the "new" 485 petitions filed in June/July will be straightforward enuf to approve in 4 months, they have to keep dates at current at least until July end.
Case 2: USCIS and State dept are not coordinating "closely" over the approvable numbers
This means the State dept arbitrarily changed the dates to Current instead of consulting with USCIS that they have 40K approvable petitions. And why woudl they in that case make the numbers unavailable in mid-july in that case?
Lastly even if the numbers can become Unavailable it has to be announced by State Dept. So worst case scenario it can become "U" in July 11-15, which makes the claim by Matthew-OH that it can become unavailable in July first week itself ridiculous.
I suspect that at the end of last month they did not have a lot of approvable 485 cases that were BOTH:
1) Cleared namechecks.
and
2) From countries other than CHINDIA.
Hence they decided to move the dates to make use of the visa numbers. The majority of approvals you will see now will be those that conform to the above criteria. When they(the visas) are done they are done!
I don't expect to see any of the 485s filed now to get approved anytime soon unless for some strange reason dates remain current until Sept............then you might see a few lucky ones squeeze through. So new 485 filers hold your breath until atleast next year!
Come July 1st week, brace for a flood of celebratory postings online as the pre-approved cases get formally sent out letters.
Come October if not earlier it will be normal service resumed, with massively retrogressed dates for CHINDIA, and mild to moderate retrogression for ROW.
USCIS does not control the PD dates, State dept does. The state dept will change the PD's to when it runs out of visas to provide USCIS.
Case 1: Assume USCIS and State dept are in close touch over the currently approvable I-485s which can consume visas starting July 1
If USCIS has 40K such approvable apps, then the State Dept (being in close coordination with USCIS abt numbers) would have just moved the dates to Nov 2005 for EB-2 India the date when it retrogressed and similarly to the date when EB-3 retrogression first happened for India.
The fact that they did not do this means they do not have the sufficient numbers of approvable ones. Now the new ones filed in June or July will not become approvable until at least 90 days. So if they are hoping that some of the "new" 485 petitions filed in June/July will be straightforward enuf to approve in 4 months, they have to keep dates at current at least until July end.
Case 2: USCIS and State dept are not coordinating "closely" over the approvable numbers
This means the State dept arbitrarily changed the dates to Current instead of consulting with USCIS that they have 40K approvable petitions. And why woudl they in that case make the numbers unavailable in mid-july in that case?
Lastly even if the numbers can become Unavailable it has to be announced by State Dept. So worst case scenario it can become "U" in July 11-15, which makes the claim by Matthew-OH that it can become unavailable in July first week itself ridiculous.
I suspect that at the end of last month they did not have a lot of approvable 485 cases that were BOTH:
1) Cleared namechecks.
and
2) From countries other than CHINDIA.
Hence they decided to move the dates to make use of the visa numbers. The majority of approvals you will see now will be those that conform to the above criteria. When they(the visas) are done they are done!
I don't expect to see any of the 485s filed now to get approved anytime soon unless for some strange reason dates remain current until Sept............then you might see a few lucky ones squeeze through. So new 485 filers hold your breath until atleast next year!
Come July 1st week, brace for a flood of celebratory postings online as the pre-approved cases get formally sent out letters.
Come October if not earlier it will be normal service resumed, with massively retrogressed dates for CHINDIA, and mild to moderate retrogression for ROW.